Teah starts preschool next week and today they threw an open house. The idea was that parents would stay for the hour for the kids to get comfortable before next week when they're on their own. I found out that there are only 6 kids signed up for the 3 year old morning class - 4 girls and 2 boys. Teah turns 4 in December and I was worried that she would be much older than the other kids in her class, but there are 2 other kids whose birtdays are November and January, so I felt good about that. Only one other little girl came to the open house, but it was really good. I was able to talk to Teah's two teachers, Mrs. Kassanders and Mrs. Linnville, for awhile while the kids played. They both have four kids of their own. Then we had story time and Mrs. Kassanders read a book about school and another about a racoon who was afraid to go to school, but whose mommy kissed his hand so he could carry her love with him. I kissed Teah's hand and she gave the kids a little heart sticker to put there. It was very cute.
Pic: Teah's ready for her preschool open house!
When Teah and I first started talking about preschool at the beginning of the summer she would tell me that she was scared of preschool. We talked about it and we went to visit last year's class right before they finished for the year. After that visit when Teah saw all of the toys she wasn't scared anymore! She also watches a Wonder Pets episode where a baby blowfish goes to preschool and doesn't want his mommy to leave - they sing a song about her always coming back. So Teah has a really good understanding that I'm not going to be there with her - she seems really comfortable! The last step was her using their potties all by herself today while I was there. They have two bathrooms - one for girls and one for boys. The doors are always open and there are two stalls inside with potties that are tiny for the little kids to sit on. I thought that I would be sad about her going, but I'm really excited for her. She's so ready and I know she's going to have a great time and learn great skills. I'll report next week Tuesday on whether or not I cried :)
9.04.2008
Preschool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a big girl! I'm so glad that she's excited--keep us posted on how it goes! :)
Post a Comment