This week out of nowhere it seems that Teah understands the concept of the sentence. Not just putting words together, but subject and verb w/ connectors (I'm sure that's not an appropriate English term :). She has said:
Here I come
I need a hat
Daddy I'm going to throw Elmo
Mommy I have a book
Of course probably only Robert and I could decipher the sentences to actually be the things above, but she definitely is saying them! She says so many new words everyday that I can't even keep track anymore.
One added off subject thought: Teah counted to ten yesterday totally out of the blue. She has repeated a few of the numbers after I've said them before, but never even attempted to count. Usually when I'd ask her to count she'd say "A B" - not really understanding the difference between the alphabet and counting I guess. Well, yesterday at dinnertime she had a bowl of peach pieces. She had dumped them all out and she put one back in the bowl - her usual dump then put them all back before I eat them. Well, she put the second one in and said "two peach". I was shocked. She put another one in and I asked how many she had - she said "thee". She continued to answer me when I'd ask how many she had all the way up to ten! Robert and I were just looking at her in amazement like "where did you learn that and since when can you count?"!
No comments:
Post a Comment