11.08.2006

Trick or Treat


This year was the first year that Teah actually went Trick or Treating and she had a blast! Her costume was a Pooh bear dressed as a bee costume and she loved it. If she would see if around the house she would say "Pooh bee on" and wear it around for a few minutes. It is basically like a snowsuit, so that was good since it was a bit chilly the night of Halloween. Our trick or treating hours were really early - 3 to 6pm - so Daddy didn't make it home in time for the outing, but Teah and mommy went out for about an hour walking around the neighborhood. Surprisingly, Teah carried her purple pumpkin basket the whole time and although she didn't know what candy was, after the first few houses she was really excited to go get more in her basket. "Mo Ca-ny Baket" she would say. When we would walk up to a house and the person would open the door I would ask Teah to say Trick or treat and she would say "Teat". She didn't want people to put the candy in her basket - she wanted to take it from their hands and put it in her basket herself. One house had taken a few pieces of candy and a sucker and tied them up into one of those plastic Halloween baggies. When the guy tried to hand that to Teah she handed it back! She didn't want it in her basket - lol. I had to take it and put it in my pocket. Once she had her candy I would ask her to say thank you and she would say "ank you". She would always give a good "buy bye" on our way out. It was soooooo super cute. We finished our loop after about an hour and she was definitely done. Daddy got home after dinner and we did go to one more house with him, which was nice.

Someone had given us some individually wrapped sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins and Teah immediately wanted to eat those when we got home - she may not know what candy was just yet, but she definitely knew cookie. I tried to get her to eat a few other pieces of candy that night - a tootsie roll and a twizzler, but she would just touch them to her tongue and hand them back to me. I don't know what I was thinking that night because I didn't hide her candy basket before I went to bed. When she woke up in the morning she saw the basket on the table and said "candy candy". As any good mother would do, I made her eat breakfast before giving her the basket. Once again she tried out a few candies without eating anything, which was fine by me. Then she wanted the package of mini m&ms and chowed them down. Now once again I must've been going crazy because I STILL didn't hide her candy! So an hour later she noticed it again and said "candy candy". Since she hadn't been big on eating it, I figure I could just give her the bucket and let her play with it - she likes just taking the pieces out and putting them back in. A few minutes after giving her the bucket she had found the one bag of mini m&ms left. She brought them to me and said "eat".

No comments: