3.08.2012

My little readers

Well, I officially have two children who are readers! Within the past few months Carter has started reading his first books at school - mainly "see Jane run" type readers. He is so excited about it and always tells us enthusiastically when he brings a book home from school to read to us. He has also started to read everything in sight, for example the words "cocktails" and "beer" that were written on the restaurant windows today. Teah enjoys reading and can basically read any word within her vocabulary, which puts her into chapter books. She seems most interested in science type non-fiction books, like our National Geographic books on subjects like sharks or tornadoes. She has also taking a liking to Amelia Bedelia, The Berenstein Bears, and children's mysteries. I took a picture of Teah reading a book to Carter last week totally unprompted. Stay tuned for the full length 2 minute video coming soon! You can also clearly see the spot on our kitchen table where I accidentally set a cotton ball soaked with nail polish remover. Ahhhhh... Memories.

No comments: