Teah had her regular checkup with the dentist today. I thought this would be a good opportunity to write an update on her lost teeth. At some point losing them became not such a big deal anymore and I even stopped snapping pictures immediately after the loss. At just over 7 years old she has now lost 9 teeth! The dentist told us that she's ahead of the game because of some crowding going on right now and that the future might bring the need for braces. Braces seem pretty standard anymore, so it's not really something that's too concerning at the moment. Something of major note in the losing tooth game, though, is that with her last tooth Teah actually pulled it out herself! It was bothering her and hanging by a thread, so she went into the bathroom and twisted and pulled for a few minutes and out it came. If you read my previous blogs on her loose teeth you would know that the previous eight she lost came with a lot of crying and general unhappiness, so this was a good turning point. She sees a wonderful pediatric dentist with very colorful chairs and cool sunglasses. I couldn't help but snap a picture with my phone when I saw her pink dental experience today! After her appointment she had to admire how clean her teeth were in the mirror in the waiting room. So cute :)


No comments:
Post a Comment