8.21.2009
A Successful Day!
Potty training for Carter officially began today! This morning Carter wore a diaper all morning. He sat down on the potty and peed quite a few times, but a few times in his diaper as well. We ran a few errands and he even peed on a public potty with me just holding him on. He took a good nap today for once and after nap I decided it was time to try underwear. He peed in them pretty good within about 15 minutes of putting them on. I explained to him that when he had to pee he had to tell mommy and we'd run to the potty, otherwise his underwear would get wet. I made a point to put him on the potty every 30 to 45 minutes after that and he peed almost every time I put him on, with dry underwear all evening. I was most impressed when he came running up to me after dinner and said, "mama po" (interpret as "mama potty"). I took him to the potty and found a little wet spot on his underwear. He had started to pee, then stopped and went to the potty! Hopefully we'll have just as much success tomorrow with a full day of underwear and maybe I'll even be able to snap a picture or two of him on the potty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment