The kids and I went to Build-a-Bear today to get Teah's bear (Pacibear) a fancy dress for one of her pretend birthday parties that she throws :) We had a gift certificate, so a fancy dress for Pacibear it was. Teah picked out a very cute bear-sized white and pink dress with sequins, but poor Carter was left-out. Since there was a special going on, I decided to finally let Carter pick out his own bear with some clothes. Trying to get a 2 year old to decide on one thing was interesting. Every time I asked him if he wanted one and showed it to him, he would say yes and grab it, but the next one I showed him he would throw that one out and grab it. I was starting to think that he didn't have a favorite when he picked the one he wanted and wouldn't budge. It was a monkey! He knew exactly what to do with the shell of the monkey and wasted no time picking out a heart and handing him over to get stuffed. Then the process of picking out clothes happened, much the same as the original process. I was thinking of getting some jammies, but Carter wasn't interested. When I suggested a soccer outfit I was met with emphatic noddings of the head and uh huhs, so a soccer monkey it was! I asked Carter what he wanted to name his monkey and everytime he says, "Ah Ah Ah Ah" - 4 everytime. So, the latest addition to our household is Ahah Ahah Hilliard - the soccer playing monkey. He comes complete with soccer jersey, soccer shorts, shin guards, soccer cleats, and a soccer ball. Maybe when we buy Carter some new big boy underwear tomorrow Ah (his nickname, since 4 Ahs is a little much :) will go to the bear store and get some of his own. He has already had to sit on the potty before Carter does. Here are some pics of Carter and his new friend:
1 comment:
SO cute!!! :)
Post a Comment