11.06.2008

Boys will be boys...

Carter is really into physical play. Maybe it's a boy thing, maybe it's a second child thing, or maybe it's just a Carter thing, I can't really say. Today he would not play with any toys, just wander around the house looking for trouble. He enjoyed finding my broom and tried to lift it from the ground up into the air. It was a full-size broom, so it was rather hilarious, but also quite dangerous, since he could get it up quite a ways and then he would just let it fall. Then, I decided to move our bookshelf to the other side of the room. It's a small bookshelf, only coming up to my hips (and I'm not tall :) and it has felt on the bottom so as not to scratch our floors. Well, I guess I gave Carter the idea that it could MOVE. I put it up against the wall and 10 minutes later he was over there pushing it away from the wall. He moved it a few feet away and spent 5 minutes walking in the new tunnel (space between wall and bookshelf) that he had made!

No comments: