9.21.2012

Walking to school

Teah started 2nd grade at the Kazoo School this year while Carter is in his third year in Mary's room at The Montessori School. The great thing is that the two schools are close to each other and their pickup times work perfectly, just 15 minutes apart. The not so great thing this year is that Tah starts an hour earlier than Carter. To fill some of our extra time Carter and I have started walking to his school after we drop off Teah. Thanks to the Map My Run app on my phone I know that it is a 3/4 mile walk. The weather has been PERFECT. Sunny and just chilly enough to need a jacket. Carter has so much fun "going crazy" down the hills, pretending to blast things with his lunchbox, and finding new things in the neighborhood like a chicken coop or a squirrel crossing the street overhead on a power line (now known as the squirrel bridge). In our too busy world it is so nice that we have extra time to kill on the way to school and I can actually take the time to let him explore. He gets his extra energy out and I get some much needed exercise, kicking my walking into high gear on the way back after I drop him off. I'll definitely be sad when winter comes and we're forced to start driving again. Here are a few quick iPhone snapshots that I took one morning. I plan on taking my camera along one of these trips to try and capture some of the morning glory.

No comments: