Lately Teah is really acting like a 3 year old. There's a park that we walk to quite often and the play structure has one small slide and a set of three bigger slides. I have tried to get Teah to slide down the big slide for as long as we've been going to this park. I've tried telling her that I'd slide down next to her. I tried going down first to show her it was OK. I tried putting her stuffed animals down first hoping that she followed. I tried talking her into it by telling her what a big girl she was. I tried standing at the bottom and telling her that I'd catch her. Nothing ever worked. She would tell me that those slides were for big kids and that the little slide was just her slide. I had given up trying to get her to go down, but when we'd go to the park I would comment something like, "You're such a big girl now Teah I bet you could go down the big slide". Still it was only the little slide for her.
Well, the other day we were at the park and she was playing by the splash pad - a little distance from the slides. She went back over to the playground and I was fussing with Carter a bit before following her. I could still see her, but she was a little ways away. I was about to head over in that direction and when I looked over there Teah was going down the big slide! She really has to do things her own way and in her own time. She's definitely a big kid now!
Watch Teah go down the big slide:
No comments:
Post a Comment